Saturday, January 1, 2011

In The Beginning ...

If I'd Only Known ...
I'd still have been fearless. I still will have laughed at this moment because I would have still had the innocence and now I know,  I wouldn't have changed a thing. Knowing that I would lose my granddaughter who never got to laugh and play like this, I understand now that she was a gift, and it breaks my heart still. For the short time we had her, Melliah was, no is, my heart and I miss her. But, to hear myself say, "I wouldn't change a thing ..." she comes to my mind first. Would I want my mother back now? Would I have liked to make other decisions than the ones I've made? Of course I would. But, the question is whether or not I would change anything and the answer is no!
     The truth is that there is never just one alternative. Had Melliah lived, perhaps there would have been other danger, other tragedies since she was a preemie. I might not have Taliek, her brother who is six. Who knows? What we do know is now--the present.
     Recently, I talked with Dr. Virgil Wood about getting older. He is almost 80 (I think I can tell this). His life was spent sharing the Gospel, but also standing against injustices. He lived through the Civil Rights Movement and I know others have not. He stands there as the voice of our past, lighting the way to our future--in the present. And when I asked how he stayed so young, he confided that he talked with God about that same thing. Getting older is difficult. You're slower. There are pains. Tell me about it. Still, he said that God gave him one promise and has kept it. Give us this day!
     If you are here. You've been given this day. It is the only promise kept. Tomorrow is not promised. So, why do we procrastinate? Why do we think that it will get done eventually? This is the day. So, I'm not making New Year Resolutions. Why bother. I'm gonna work this day and make a difference each and every day that the promise is given. If I open my eyes in the morning. This is the promise. I'll put my feet on the ground and start walking (working). And if I don't open my eyes the next, well, I'm hoping that if my children are able, my friends rise that morning and even my enemies (the ones I meant to make friends, but didn't have time before I left), that they will champion the causes of the day and go for it. I'm hoping that if You who are reading this and opened your eyes this morning, in this New Year, that you will make a effort to make this day worthwhile--for the world.
     Peace!

Think Peace Media and Communications Network is growing into a full-fledged 24-hour internet station. Currently, we are using social media networks, but the plan is to have a regular lineup of shows that will encourage people to critically think peace for the children of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment